Describe what you intend to offer in order to attract custom. Make specific mention of drink, food, music, entertainment, promotions, games, etc. Show reasons why the people that you want to attract would want to come to your pub. What is the unique selling point of the pub?
Also how you intend to market the offer.
- What sort of pub is it going to be? How will it differ during the course of the day?
- Describe the current trading operation and consider whether you aspire to change the trading style.
- What is currently restricting the growth of the business ? – ie Things you can’t control /change.
- Is business going to be driven by cask ales, keg ales, standard draught lagers, premium draught lagers, bottled beers, spirits, wine?
- What will make your wet offer stand out from your competitors?
- What sort of food is going to be on offer? How big will the menu be? Give some sample menu items. What will the price of the meals be? How will the food offer change during the day?
- What will make your food offer stand out from your competitors?
- Attach any draft menus
- How will music be provided? What sort of music will it be? How will it change throughout the day?
- Will entertainment play a part in your offer? What sort of entertainment? What else - pub games, quizzes, charity nights, promotions, etc?
- How much additional income would you expect to generate from entertainment activities?
- Describe any other key parts of the offer
- How will you tell people about what is on offer? Adverts, flyers, radio, A-boards, direct mail, etc?
- Unique Selling Point – Describe what your pub will be famous for?
- What are your plans to improve the existing staff performances? (eg training, uniforms, staff rotas , service standards etc )